The Experience Manager / Sales Agent creates and successfully sells tailored and pre-packaged vacations to clients from around the world. The Agent is responsible for creating outstanding experiences for our guests.
Skican is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in all that we do. We believe deeply that we are stronger and profoundly richer because of our differences. We are proud of our approach to Thoughtful Travel and are passionate about creating exceptional experiences for our clients.
Do you absolutely love to ski? Do you have a passion for travel and creating amazing memories for clients? We’d love to hear from you! We at SkiCan do more than just hit the slopes. We believe in Thoughtful Travel and encourage our fellow skiers and snowboarders to experience winter differently. We love to share our passion for snow and travel with people and love to create amazing custom holidays and get more people outside!
Our Sales Agents (also known as Experience Managers as the role is to manage the overall experience of the client from point of contact to their return) handle phone and e-mail enquires from clients around the world. They organize travel arrangements including booking airfare, hotels, transportation, lift tickets, snow lessons and a variety of activities and adventures while maximizing revenues. But that’s the nitty gritty – what we really do is take our clients’ wishes and turn them into a reality!
You’ll also be working directly with our travel partners in the hospitality and resort industry to ensure our guests’ needs are met and to help create memorable SkiCan experiences. Multi-tasking is essential as you hop between pre-made and custom packages within Canada, the United States and the rest of the alpine world.
We are looking for someone who is personable, enthusiastic about winter sport and able to anticipate the needs of clients. We provide the leads, and you provide the knowledge and experience (and don’t worry, we help with that too!). We’re a small team so there’s always someone to help you if you need it.
It would also be great if you are detail-oriented and know how to juggle (enquiries that is!) as we often work under tight deadlines. It also helps to be a bit tech-savvy, as we’re using several online systems a day to get things done and send confirmations, invoices and tickets to clients.
Our agents are compensated based on salary with the potential to earn commission, and we offer a robust benefits package, paid vacation, as well as the opportunity to travel! Plus we’re a fully remote organization so there’s no commute.
If you are looking for a rewarding career working with fellow ski enthusiasts, then we’d love to hear from you!
SkiCan is a female-owned and led company that’s been providing custom holidays for skiers and those that love them for over 50 years. We believe in sustainability, adventure and sharing the love of winter!
Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Excellent spoken, written and oral English
· Min 2-5 years relevant experience in sales and / or service environment
· Experience with Rezometry or other reservation system(s)
· Post-secondary diploma in travel or business administration or equivalent education and work experience
· Strong initiating and adaptability skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent client service and problem solving skills
· Excellent English writing and editing skills
· Knowledge of ski industry is an asset
· Wiling to travel (travel expenses paid by employer)
· Bilingual in French, written and oral (required)
· Compensation commensurate with experience (range $20 - $26 per hour, 37.5 hours per week)
· Benefits coverage: Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan
· Position is for a home based sale agent starting July
Your application was submitted successfully.