The FIT Experience Specialist / Sales Agent creates and successfully sells tailored and pre-packaged vacations to clients from around the world. The Agent is responsible for creating outstanding experiences for our guests.
Skican is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in all that we do. We believe deeply that we are stronger and profoundly richer because of our differences. We are proud of our approach to Thoughtful Travel and are passionate about creating exceptional experiences for our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Plan, promote, and sell travel arrangements including booking air, hotels and cross-selling of transport, lift tickets, snow lessons, and adventure and activity options to maximize revenues while consistently exceeding the guest's expectations.
Handle incoming phone calls and email inquiries professionally and efficiently.
Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers and guests to ensure a positive and memorable Skican experience.
Qualify each sales opportunity in order to customize reservations as required to exceed the guest experience.
Ensure complete and up-to-date product knowledge through webinar training sessions in order to provide information to guests and travel agents/tour operators regarding Skican product including hotel bedding and amenities, booking and cancellation policies, plus information on hotels and extra activities, and other relevant local community events and company information.
Enter all transactions into the reservations system in an accurate and timely manner - including rental agreements, confirmations, and itineraries.
Participate in product and reservation training sessions.
Work cooperatively with other team members in an online sales environment to complete the booking and confirmation processes and track key data for all bookings to ensure timely and effective reservation management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Bilingual in French, written and oral (required)
· 2-3 years relevant experience in sales and / or service environment
· Experience with Rezometry or other reservation system(s)
· Post-secondary diploma in travel or business administration or equivalent education and work experience
· Strong initiating and adaptability skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent client service and problem solving skills
· Excellent English writing and editing skills
· Knowledge of ski industry is an asset
· Available to work occasional weekends and evenings
· Compensation commensurate with experience
· Position is for a home based sale agent starting mid-June (TBC maybe be a later start date)
Your application was submitted successfully.